Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Smart Boards

I attended an excellent workshop last night on the use of Smart Boards. I was very impressed and now I want one; I hadn't ever seen one "in action" before. There is some great potential for collaborative learning, exciting lessons, manipulatives, and student motivation. This type of instruction fits more readily into our kids' lives: instant images, choices, video, sounds,.. I was very impressed with some of the interactive lessons, and especially the Jeopardy templates.

M. Gavel did an excellent job, and she is inviting discussion on the use of Smart Boards on her blog. Of course, I can't participate much because I don't use one, but I'm going to see if I can find one... I would love to have one in my class, but I keep purposefully forgetting that I really won't have a class in the fall. I'm going to ask my teachers who wants to work with me to learn this new technology.

No comments: